Friday, May 20, 2005

At Least We Can Count

Seriously behind on the recaps here. Apologies.

We played Team Swayze and lost. No big shock there. The most interesting part of the game though, was when Team Swayze decided to argue the score. They were already ahead by a few points but thought it appropriate to stop the game to haggle over 2 points. Everything stopped while their captain, who I'm sure is usually a lovely person, attempted to pursued the refs that they had 6 points (or 8, I can't remember) rather than 4. For the love of the flip cup gods, you guys were winning. Chill out. RWS (ie--Kate, ie--me) dug in her heels, the refs agreed (thank you to Boston Matt and Mike Vo and whoever else was reffing, I don't remember). Game continued. They won. The end.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why don't you cry about it? -Patrick

11:32 AM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

Hey! a comment. And here I thought nobody was reading. Um, cry about it. No thanks. What amuses me most about the game is that TS thought their 6 or 8 or whatever is was point victory over us was a "trouncing". Ha! I guess they didn't hear about our game against Short Bus where we lost by something like 22 points. Beating RWS by less than 10 points is nothing, my friends. Most people wouldn't even bother getting out of bed to try.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home